♦ PollMaster ♠ Access ♣ TheWitness ♥      In the service of GEEKZ and NON-GEEKZ everywhere
Savvy-Geekz.blogspot.com

Review Machine : Walking Dead : Season 3 Episode 3 - Walk With Me

Your reviewer,TheWitness, rates this episode: 3.6/5. Continue on the jump to read a detailed breakdown of the rating. *Possible Spoilers ahead*

Episode description: After witnessing a helicopter accident, Andrea and Michonne are introduced to a new community of survivors. Hospitality is provided to both women and Merle Dixon is revealed to be part of the group of survivors after he escaped from the rooftop. A survivor of the accident, Welles, informs the leader of the group, the Governor, about how he left ten men behind so he can scout ahead. He promises that if they are still alive, he would bring them back. The Governor introduces Andrea and Michonne to "Woodbury", a small town with 73 residents. They attend breakfast with the Governor the next morning, where Michonne remains wary of the Governor, but Andrea wants to stay in Woodbury longer. Later, the Governor tracks down Welles' squad, and the Governor and his men (hiding in the distance) open fire on the squad, killing all of them. The Governor and his men return to town with the military trucks. That evening, in his apartment, the Governor rests with a glass of whiskey and enters a private room which contains three rows of aquariums filled with live heads of walkers. Among them are Michonne's pets and Welles.

The Review Machine

GENERAL REACTION TO THE EPISODE

It's so bad, I want to gouge out my eyes, cut off my ears & numb all of my remaining senses.This is a facepalm parade.You know what, this is OK.
3
I can't believe I enjoyed that.Now that was simply entertainment.

Reviewer's note: I probably was sleepy when I watched this so I really did not enjoy it that much. And also I was set on looking forward to see more of Rick's group, I was a little bit disappointed that we did not see anything about them on this episode. But the introduction of the Governor and the Woodbury community was handled well.


STORY

What was the point?! Staring on a blank wall would have been a better story.Plotholes over plotholes over plotholes! Arrgh!The story is nice… serviceable.That was some smart storytelling.
4
Brilliant from start to finish.

Reviewer's note: The story was good it gave us a peek on another set of survivors who are coping in this zombie infested world.


ACTING

It's criminal that you consider these people actors.Seriously? That's the best you can do.Some good. Some bad.Mostly good.
4
Perfect casting. Flawless.

Reviewer's note: In my opinion this show has always had good actors, and now with the addition of Morrisey as the Governor it just keeps getting better. (Is it just me or am I getting a Liam Neeson vibe on Morrisey's Governor - I'm a fan of Neeson, so in my book that's not a bad thing.)


DIRECTING / EDITING

You have no business being part of this show, or any show.Maybe in a few years you'll get the hang of it… 50 or 60 years.Those were some good choices but some you could have done better.
3
You're on your way to the big leagues if you’re not there yet.It's a pleasure watching a genius at work.


SOUND EDITING / MUSICAL SCORE

The show would have been 100% better if it was a silent movie.It's bad… plain and simple.Unnoticeable… which can be a good thing.
3
It enhances the show.An indispensable part of the show.


COSTUME DESIGN / CHARACTER LOOK

Could have been worse…. Nah! Who am I kidding it's the worst!Uninspired.I appreciate the effort.I see what you did there, and they were very good decisions.
4
I never knew that you can improve on perfection.

Reviewer's note: On a show where it's mostly people wearing plain clothes, I'm basing my score on the Zombies' looks and I have to say this show has made bringing the undead to life into an artform.


ACTION QUOTA : WE'RE COMICBOOK FANS WE LIKE CARNAGE OF SOME SORT

I made more action by turning on the TV.Breathing doesn't qualify.That was so-so.
3
Nice one.Pure adrenaline rush.


EASTER EGGS : BECAUSE WE'LL KNOW MORE THAN THEY'LL EVER KNOW

No eggs at all. No eggs at all.Rotten eggs.Well that was a surprise.Nice, well done.
4
A very healthy serving.

Reviewer's note: Being a fan of both the comicbook and this show, I am pleased with the Zombie Head Aquarium. Come Zombie apocalypse that's the first thing I have to get.


BASING ON THIS EPISODE ONLY, WILL YOU BE WATCHING FUTURE EPISODES?

You can't pay me enough to watch another episode.A miracle or a gun pointing at my head might make me consider watching another episode.Probably if it's already on air and I have nothing better to do.I already marked the next episode on my calendar.
4
I hate waiting… I'm dying of anticipation.

Reviewer's note: I'm still getting use to the additional cast, but I'm looking forward when the two communities collide later in the season.


AS A COMICBOOK FAN WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE SHOW SO FAR?

I'm ashamed to be called a comicbook enthusiast, knowing that this abomination exist.Why did they think this show would work?It's an ok show, don't even care that it was based on a comic book.I like the show.
4
Loving the show, I highly recommend it. It's so fun seeing this comicbook characters in this interpretation.


Final Rating :3.6/5

Verdict: Good

Bonus Feature: COMICBOOK CONNECTIONS

The Characters

ANDREA

Comics: Andrea is one of the last remaining survivors of the original Atlanta band. A tough and skilled woman, she is an efficient defense against the walkers.

Live Adaptation: Andrea and Michonne is caught by Merle. They are taken to Woodbury, where Andrea seems to trust the residents there, while Michonne is more suspicius.
Portrayed by: Laurie Holden

THE GOVERNOR

Comics: Brian Blake is a primary antagonist in the comic series and one of the primary protagonists in the novel The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor. He is the brother of Philip Blake, and uncle of Penny Blake. While the comic refers to The Governor as Philip, the novel reveals that Brian Blake is, in fact, The Governor. Brian takes his brother's name after Philip dies.

Live Adaptation: Philip, or better known as The Governor is a survivor of the zombie apocalypse who is leading the fortified town of Woodbury after the outbreak. He is a sinister and diabolical man.
Portrayed by: David Morrissey

MICHONNE

Comics: Michonne is a member of the survivor group, and a major character within the series. Armed with a Katana and the deadly skills to complement it, Michonne is an effective and crucial defender of the survivors.

Live Adaptation: Michonne is a sword wielding survivor who made her first appearance in the season finale episode, Beside the Dying Fire in Season 2 and will be appearing in Season 3 of The Walking Dead (TV Series).
Portrayed by: Danai Gurira

Source/s:http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Walk_With_Me | http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2253600/ | http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(season_3)#Episodes |


If I miss any characters feel free to post it on the comment section below


DISCLAIMER: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct. Savvy-Geek.blogspot.com is protected from liability under "safe harbor" provisions and will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. For expeditious removal, contact us HERE
.

Share on facebook     Follow me on twitter

Okay Savvy-"G"s, Glorious Geekcreds to the first five individuals to leave geeky comments below.

Comic Book Movie